To provide first class customer service by ensuring that all enquiries and quotations are handled to the required professional standard.
- Accurately log enquiries on to the system, interpret/clarify/confirm the customers’ requirements. Work closely with and co-operate with the sales team.
- Provide detailed quotation/tender
- Meet deadlines
- Liaise closely with major suppliers and build up a pool of preferred suppliers providing competitive rates.
- Communicate with both the client and Sales Manager and actively track potential orders.
- Value engineer tenders to assist clients in meeting the proposed cost plan.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the project meets the cost plan as well as providing support if needed.
- Monitor variations on live contracts, ensuring they are confirmed clearly to the customer and that we have valued written instructions from the customer to cover variations.
- Visit clients where possible to ascertain more detail prior to compiling the tender in order to gain an understanding of the specific project requirements and the driver e.g. price, specification or programme.
- Attend meetings throughout the contract process and after completion to build relationships and ensure we have met the clients’ expectations.
- 1+ year experience in Estimating
- Competence in IT skills including MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics
- Confident in negotiation, influencing and handling difficult situations (conflict resolution)
- Knowledge of the sales and estimating process
- Knowledge of Project Management processes
The successful candidate will…
- Take responsibility and goes the extra mile
- Align with the P&M Group’s values
- Be willing to improve and develop (proactively engages in self-development)
- Have integrity, honestly, trustworthiness
- Have an attitude of inclusivity
- Be Approachable and personable
- Be a true team player
- Have personal drive, motivation and resilience
- Be respectful and able to build relationships
- Be willing to travel to locations of ongoing projects anywhere in the UK (with occasional overnight stay)
Full time role, working 5 days a week (8am-5pm), office/home based
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Employer Pension scheme
Company Bonus Scheme